The World Health Organization (WHO) recently released new guidance on how workplaces can be re-opened safely as lockdown restrictions start to ease around the world. They recommended that any plans should include guidance for re-opening, closing and modifying work settings, while also outlining measures to help prevent further spread of the virus.
Every business needs to consider the future very carefully. While employers worry about workplace conditions and health and safety regulations, employees and potential customers want to know that they’ll be safe.
In a poll carried out by Rentokil Initial during the lockdown period:
- 86% of people surveyed expressed concerns about the risk of the virus spreading via door handles through their place of work.
- 87% expect their company to provide them with hand sanitiser
- 65% of respondents expect their company to provide regular disinfection services
- 50% believe their office should be cleaned once a day
- Only 9% of respondents did not expect to continue to follow social distancing guidelines when returning to work
The challenge for businesses to ease post-lockdown anxiety is clear to see. Below are some handy steps businesses can take to ensure people are better protected as they prepare to re-open.
Our business is to get you back to business
At Initial, we understand the importance of protecting your people from the risks of poor hygiene in difficult times. Our award-winning integrated solutions will help to take care of your people and safeguard your business, so, if you’re looking to re-open, why not get in touch with our team today?