There’s a lot of optimism surrounding the vaccine rollout across the world, and the hope that life will soon start returning to normal is a reasonable one. In some countries, families are already being reunited after months apart, and many workers will soon be able to leave the house again to mix with their colleagues and friends.
Companies now face a difficult decision. While many have been quick to welcome remote working as the new norm, offering greater flexibility and independence for workers, some employers firmly believe that the office will continue to serve as an important hub.
With the health of employees and customers at risk if the correct measures aren’t taken before re-opening, getting employees back to work safely brings many challenges. While social distancing is one of the most important steps in the process, taking the necessary hygiene precautions to protect employees is a close second.
An employer can ensure that their workplace is COVID-19 secure by carrying out the following steps:
- Employees are able to work while maintaining social distancing
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is provided where necessary
- Appropriate hygiene facilities including products such as hand sanitiser are provided
- The workplace is cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis
The pandemic has created an increased awareness of health risks, especially when it comes to positive hygiene practices. Workplaces have always provided suitable conditions for bacteria and viruses to spread, but in these extraordinary times, combatting contact and airborne transmission have never been more important.
Is air purification in place for more hygienic air?
The impact of breathing harmful air is not visible to the naked eye, but that doesn’t mean it should be ignored. Air hygiene is a crucial factor in protecting people in indoor environments to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
The walls, doors and windows that protect us from the elements could also confine unwanted pollutants.Airborne germs can trigger allergies or spread infection and disease. Our air hygiene solutions are expertly designed to reduce cross-contamination across your facility.
- InspireAir 72 – removes up to 99.97% of airborne particles in large spaces and communal areas, preventing harmful pollutants being inhaled or contaminating surfaces.
- Biozone – ideal for use as an ongoing air treatment to combat the impact that unpleasant smells have on staff and visitors, our patented technology eradicates malodours and reduces bacteria in the air in commercial environments, including washrooms.
- EcoBreeze – a triple-action air hygiene system that filters, cleans and fragrances the air in washrooms, reducing the amount of bacteria in the air or on surfaces and ensuring that your washroom always smells pleasant.
Are there hygiene items in place to ensure good hand hygiene?
59% of people avoid touching things in the washroom at work.
(Initial Hygiene Demographics Report, 2015)
Germs and pathogens can spread easily throughout a building – person to person, surface to person or via the air. When an infected person coughs or sneezes, they produce airborne droplets that can contaminate surfaces.
Throughout the day, hands that touch these surfaces can transmit germs to other surfaces or directly to people. Our range of hand-sanitising solutions includes no-touch technology and sanitising consumables that protect your hands for up to 8 hours.
- Handwashing Solutions – we have a range of no-touch, anti-microbial soap dispensers that kill 99.99% of bacteria and offer superior handwashing. When placed in key hygiene hotspots such as washrooms, kitchens and food preparation areas, they promote handwashing compliance among employees.
- Hand-drying Solutions – our range of no-touch paper and linen dispensers reduce the amount of moisture and microorganisms left on the hands after washing to reduce the risk of recontamination.
- Sanitising Solutions – our high-performance sanitising consumables can prevent the spread of germs via hand-to-surface or hand-to-person contact.
Has your workplace been cleaned and how will it keep clean?
Initial’s disinfection services sanitise touchpoints, surfaces, equipment and floors with solutions that can kill up to 99.99% of bacteria and viruses. Our qualified technicians work quickly, safely and effectively to deliver a legally compliant service tailored to your business needs.
- Surface cleaning and disinfecting products – a range of sprays and surface wipes that can kill pathogens and prevent cross-contamination. Surface sanitiser spray for large surface areas and surface wipes provide up to 24-hour protection.
- Door handles – our HygienicTouch door handles can kill 99.99% of bacteria, such as S. aureus and E. coli, deposited on the surface of the handle by people’s hands.
- Floor care – capturing up to 80% of the microorganisms before they’re spread through your facility, our serviced commercial floor mats can save 14% in costs.