Going to work will not be the same again. With the changing environment and the spread of coronavirus, people returning to work will face new challenges. Employees returning to work might have various concerns regarding their safety. It is, therefore, the responsibility of the organisations to assure their people regarding their safety and protection.
In the past few years, coronavirus has been the talk of the town. The daily updates regarding how the virus has damaged human life are heartbreaking. It is undoubtedly an emotional mindset for many employees as they seem uncertain about how life after COVID-19 will appear.
The measures that are continuously being taken on the part of the government to mitigate the virus is noteworthy. The virus is seen rising on a higher level, and several companies have started to operate and want employees to resume work.
Employee concerns while returning to work
Employees, no doubt, are returning to work with an underlying fear that they seem to carry. A common concern of employees would be to have face-to-face communication. The rising concerns of people post returning to work might seem never-ending.
The risk of contacting the coronavirus at workplaces depends upon how closely employees come in contact with other colleagues and secondly through the touching of contaminated surfaces and objects. Therefore, employers need to implement different hygiene policies depending upon the level of risk the organisation is exposed to, which might vary from low to medium and eventually to high risk.
Hygiene factors to consider when improving hygiene in the workplace
- User protection: The most essential and crucial part of organisations is to protect their users first. User protection can take place by ensuring that hand-washing takes place at regular intervals. The sanitisation of hands ensures that they remain clean, and also it helps kill any harmful germs and viruses. Frequent hand-washing can help prevent the spread of viruses any further. Users also need to be aware of the various bacteria hotspots where the chances of cross-contamination are on the high side. The most crucial part of the body that is generally exposed to various germs and bacteria is in the hands. Businesses need to add new policies and measures to prioritise user protection. It should also be mandatory for employees to wear masks in the workplace. Below are some actions that organisations must implement in their businesses:
- The deployment of hand sanitisation machines at different parts of the office premises
- Organising meetings to highlight the importance of hand hygiene
- Surface protection: Another critical area that requires thorough protection is the surface. The various surfaces could include workplace desks, kitchen slabs, restroom slabs, meeting room tables, and more. Regular cleaning and sanitisation of these areas now need to be done more frequently and with extra care. Organisations can hire cleaning services to ensure top-notch cleaning and protection of the surfaces. COVID-19 has compelled organisations to maintain hygiene to the next level. Therefore, regular and thorough daily cleaning of surfaces needs to be done more frequently. Some other common types of surface areas include:
- Light switches
- Railings of staircases
- Taps & toilets
- Air Protection: The way user protection and surface protection are essential; similarly, air protection is vital, too. The impact of breathing harmful air is not visible to the naked eye, but that doesn’t mean it can be ignored. Air protection is a crucial factor in protecting people in indoor environments to prevent transmission of COVID-19. The walls, doors and windows that protect us from the elements could also confine unwanted pollutants. In addition, airborne germs can trigger allergies or spread infection and disease.
Innovations in hygiene by Initial Hygiene India
With the importance of hygiene at workplaces, Initial India has invented many new and enhanced sanitation innovations. These innovations can help your organisation create a safe and hygienic environment.
- Sanitise Mat -The Sanitise Mat provides a clean and high-performing foot bath system, which helps to sanitise the soles of your shoes before you enter any premises, thus preventing the spread of germs.
- Door Handle & Push Plate- The unique door handle by Initial Hygiene India comes equipped with silver-ion antibacterial coating technology. The technology works 24/7 to fight off harmful pathogens. The innovation helps eliminate different microbes with its integrated ions, so they do not get further transmitted.
- Antimicrobial Film - The film acts as a protective shield against different kinds of viruses and infections. The most common being Bovine coronavirus. Typical application areas include keypads, handles, shopping carts, and more. Also, to ensure thorough efficacy, various tests have been conducted in this regard.
- Protecting the Air- Initial Hygiene India provides air protection through its InspireAir 72 technology. The technology is said to be efficient in improving air quality, thereby leading to a better, cleaner, safer, and healthier environment. In addition, it is equipped with a Hepa filter that helps eliminate deadly bacteria.
Organisations must think about the safety of their employees before anything else. The world is impacted adversely due to this pandemic. By implementing Initial Hygiene India’s practical hygiene solutions, organisations can be assured about the safety of their office premises and their employees.